Sajjuks Harry Porter Store

Sunday 29 December 2013

Give a Little to Clients,Get a Lot in Return

Give a Little to Clients, Get a Lot in Return


.
When I was given the prompt for this blog post, Keira was nice enough to tell me that I had been asked to write it on account of my devotion to client satisfaction. It's been said before that every client should be treated as if a stream of DirectOrders could possibly come out of the transaction. However, it's even more important to remember that clients are human beings. While many of them can seem busy or distant at times, they are still people. Treating them with respect can go a long way to building up a genuine rapport.
One of the ideas pitched to me was to write this blog post on dealing with clients. However, I really don't like to think of it as dealing with them. For me, I try to avoid ever getting into the mindset that talking to clients is a major hassle. In fact, some clients have expressed an interest in having a short discussion. This can be a great time to draw out some possible new assignments for yourself. Perhaps you can make some suggestions regarding future articles.
 
 While Textbroker doesn't require you to report errors corrected in editor feedback, I've always made sure to message the client back with the correction. Though I admittedly first did it out of guilt, I found that a number of clients really appreciated the gesture. While I am not trying to say that you should ever expect something for altruism, I have had this process lead into a working relationship as well. Of course, it's always nice just to have a customer pleased with you. Considering how much of an opportunity there is for burning a bridge with a client, it's good to do anything that avoids that. Someone who was treated well in the past might seem like they have forgotten your act of kindness, but you might be pleasantly surprised by a message in the future.
 Another thing to remember is that the customer is always right. I've had SEO article assignments that ask for ridiculously phrased keywords but request that they not be changed. I remember one of the editors here once mentioning that she cringed when she had to read one like this, but if the customer really does want it, I've certainly learned to give it to them. I've had some that were difficult to actually fit into a grammatically correct sentence, but I've simply gotten the closest I can. Fortunately, many assignments have given me free rein to correct or pluralize the keywords.
 The "customer is always right" refrain rings true about another thing. There is always the opportunity to get into a fight. A client might tell you something very insulting. If that happens, think of it the same way that Internet forum enthusiasts think about flame threads; it's best to simply avoid angering the individual any more. Getting into an argument isn't just unprofessional; it's also a waste of time.That being said, I've been fortunate enough to not have to suffer many indignities on Textbroker. I should certainly hope that both the majority of writers and clients enjoy their experience here and want to have a pleasant transaction. After all, I've found this job to be enjoyable. While it is important to make sure to meet deadlines and maintain a strong sense of professionalism, it's also important to not get caught up in things to the point where everything becomes a hassle. It might sound cheesy, but maintaining a positive attitude can go a long way. I find it perhaps the most helpful aspect of keeping up good client relations.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment